Disclaimer: The information presented in this blog post is intended for educational purposes only, and it hasn’t been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information isn’t intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease, nor is it medical advice. One should always consult a qualified medical professional before engaging in any dietary and/or lifestyle change.
This is what I call pretty food.
Not only is it beautiful, it tastes great too!
Can you guess what is making this smoothie magenta?
I’ll give you a hint.
It’s the most beautiful root vegetable you ever did see.
I’m a total beet lover. Sure, they’re a bit earthy tasting, but I can’t detect a hint of earthy flavor while drinking this smoothie due to the other naturally sweet ingredients.
Let me give you some health highlights of this smoothie. In case you’re interested! 🙂
Beets are a nutritional powerhouse. Here are just a few of their nutritional benefits:
- Antioxidants- The beautiful color of the beets indicate that it’s high in antioxidants. Antioxidants help to neutralize free radicals, reducing damage to your cells and tissues.
- Betaine- Helps the liver digest fats, protects internal organs and helps to prevent chronic disease
- Nitrates- promotes dilation of your blood vessels- getting more oxygenated blood to your organs which can help with supporting a healthy brain and a healthy blood pressure.
- Fiber- promotes digestive health by promoting proper bowel elimination as well as feeding good gut bacteria.
One of my favorite nuts! Walnuts are excellent for your health. They contain:
- Many antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids, tannins and phytonutrients.
- Omega-3 fatty acids; helpful for inflammation
- Heart-healthy monounsaturated fats
Are you drooling yet??
Here’s the recipe so that you can make a magenta smoothie too.
Magical Magenta Smoothie Recipe
Yields: One serving
One quarter of a medium-sized beet, peeled and sliced
One ripe frozen banana
One cup frozen raspberries
1/3 cup raw walnuts
One cup your favorite milk (dairy or non)
1/2 tablespoon honey
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
I hope y’all enjoy this beautiful, nutritious smoothie recipe.
Take good care!